Pages

Friday, April 22, 2011

Easter Bark. Like Christmas but Pastel.



Okay, so I feel like we're about to enter Easter candy overload but it can't be helped -- I got a little excited. I promise we'll move on to more exciting things tomorrow.

I'll spare you the gory details and just give the basic rundown. But first I must insist that you make this and bring it along to Easter brunch. Or just eat it all yourself. It doesn't matter to me, really.

Real quick, while I'm thinking of it, don't forget to go to Starbucks and grab your free coffee tomorrow. Bring your own mug to save the Earth and your wallet.

Where was I?

Right. Chocolate.




Melt 2 boxes of Baker's dark chocolate and pour it onto a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper. Simultaneously melt colored chocolate. Spoon the colored chocolate onto the dark chocolate.




Take a knife and get in touch with your inner hippie by dragging the knife up, down and sideways.




Pick out 4 or 5 of your favorite Easter candies. I went with Oreo's, candy corn, robin egg whoppers and m&m's. Use whatever you want...raid the Easter basket or pick up something in small packages at the grocery store (or the big packs so you can eat the leftovers).  




Place a handful of each all over the chocolate before it hardens. Next, either pop it in the fridge or leave it on the counter. It all depends on how long you can handle the suspense.




Once the goodness has hardened break it into small jagged pieces. You may now kiss your weight loss plan goodbye. Bikinis? Who needs 'em. I'll be wearing a muumuu for the rest of my life.

_________________________________________

Workout: Cardio - 40 minutes, Weights - triceps, chest, abs, legs. I'll be hobbling tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment